• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aquila verreauxii => (Lesson 1830) or (Lesson 1831) (1 Viewer)

Taphrospilus

I am wondering which is the correct year of publication for Aquila verreauxii. If I look at OD there is written Juin 1830 (June 1830). This date can be found at Avibase or HBW Vol 2 here later 1831 here. Zoonomen here or IOC World bird names here mention 1831 as publication year.

I understood that the book was publisehed from 1830-1832 in several deliveries. I am sure someone have analyzed already the dates of publication of Centurie zoologique, ou, Choix d'animaux rares, nouveaux ou imparfaitement connus : enrichi de planches inédites, dessinées d'après nature par M. Prêtre, gravées et coloriées avec le plus grand soin but I couldn't find. In which publication can I find the dates of the deliveries?

OK I found:

Issued in 16 parts

"According to the Bibliographie de la France the dates of publication of the several parts were: livr. 1 (2 sh.) 20 March 1830; livr. 2 (2 sh.) 2 October, 1830; livr. 3 (1 sh.) 29 January, 1831; livr. 6-8 (3 sh.) 9 July, 1831; livr. 13-16 (3 1/4 s.) 19 May, 1832" --BM (Nat. hist.)

But this does not explain to me which bird was in which livr.

From livraison 1 to 5 here at least Aquila verreauxii seems not availble.

Sorry found the answer myself see here page 81.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back