• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Osprey in Somerset (1 Viewer)

PCousins

What an exciting day to of watched a juvenile unringed Osprey fly around the lakes at Shapwick Nature Reserve and occasionally dive into the water. So fortunate to see this bird in Somerset especially when their main UK stronghold is in Scotland. They Migrate to West Africa in the Winter and like to stop off at their favourite sites along the way such as the one that shows year after year at Noah's Lake in Shapwick just a mile away. Let's only hope that this amazing bird has a safe journey and turns up next year to enlighten us all. Whilst many hours waiting for the Osprey there were 2 close bittern fly-pasts.
If you wish to see more photo's of this amazing bird here are some on my Flickr account. (Just click on my name)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulcousins/43226162760/in/datetaken/

Attachments

• _X8F9968.jpg
    _X8F9968.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 60
  • _X8F9897.JPG
    _X8F9897.JPG
    752.7 KB · Views: 76
Excellent photos, Ospreys are such wonderful birds. I did see one a few years ago at Shapwick, haven't been so lucky this year. Are they still around?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back