• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawke Service 11 out of 10. (1 Viewer)

CliveP

Just wanted to say that I have now sought Hawke service assistance on 2 occasions and I could not have expected more. Excellent.

This seems to be a company that wants to look after its customers and it gives me great assurance that if I ever have a problem then they will go out of their way to give the best service.

Thank you to the folks in Avocet House. Keep up the good work.

Nice report Clive. There is a chap from Deben who used to come on these boards to offer asistance and I'm sure he's responsible for this 1st class service. In the target shooting that I do I have heard so many positive comments around their service; nice to see it extends to the birding world also.

Score adjustment

Ok since Hawke sent me a replacement pair of unusable 10x32 Endurance which I subsequently binned the new score is now 7 out of 10 given that the other 2 issues I had were sorted.

Still not bad but I do have to wonder how they can send out such bad bins in this case as replacements because had anyone looked through these it would have been clear they were useless and absolutely unusable!!!

This was the 2nd replacement pair for my original 10x32 Frontier which worked to an extent but I had hoped could be improved on.

In the end I was just not able to get a decent pair of these but I think I'd pretty much gone off them anyhow because they were such a pain with reliable focusing compared to my other bins which is a pity as they are a handy little package with a big view.

Disappointing Clive, something I hope Hawke get to see and act upon. Not ten minutes ago my friend emailed me to say that following my advice he sent a £50 telescope to Hawke for investigation despite being out of warranty. They sent him a Panorama telescopic sight as a gesture of goodwill which retails at £149.00. I hope Steven from Deben sees this post and responds.

Disappointing Clive, something I hope Hawke get to see and act upon. Not ten minutes ago my friend emailed me to say that following my advice he sent a £50 telescope to Hawke for investigation despite being out of warranty. They sent him a Panorama telescopic sight as a gesture of goodwill which retails at £149.00. I hope Steven from Deben sees this post and responds.

My other bins and service from them are great. Was dissapointed with that outcome though so I thought it was only fair to mention it.

I don't really need those bins but I unfortunately feel they could basically have saved posting them to me and just thrown them in the bin at their end. When I informed them that there was a big problem they suggested getting a refund form the seller which was Clifton Cameras but I'm sure it was to late for that and since they were so bad I just wanted to get rid of them.

I don't normally throw bins away so it has made me think more about how I feel about this brand and if this is what they think is good then maybe others should be somewhat wary.

i have used their services a few times but I don't think I did or wanted to just for the sake of it, rather I wanted a basic good outcome and to be able to praise them for it so this has been a spoiler.

Definitely could have done better in this case but I honestly wonder if there is a pair of those 10x32 that do actually work well focus wise (the lenses seem quite good). I obviously could not recommend that model or maybe I should have stuck with the kind of alright intiial one that I had, which according to them was out of colimation when I sent it in. Maybe Hawke wanted to show me how bad they could really be with this latest pair. The second pair had prisms where one pointed in and the other upwards and they were sort of alright but not right.

Last edited:
I will second the great service by Hawke. I lost the little threaded stud from the tripod mount on my Hawke Endurance CFs. I rang Deben up and one was delivered, free of charge, by Recorded Delivery the next day. First class customer service. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back