• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Worth going to Kuwait? (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I've got a great deal on a hotel in Kuwait from 14th-18th January using loyalty points but am wondering whether to go or not. There are a few possible birds that would be lifers for me:

Asian Houbara
Socotra Cormorant
Greater Sandplover
Crab-plover
Grey Hypocolius
Menetries's Warbler
Iraq Babbler
Finsch's Wheatear
Red-tailed Wheatear
Dead Sea Sparrow

although I think I would be doing well to get half of these. The potential to see Asian birds in the Western Palearctic doesn't do anything for me.

It looks like it would just be me, and it doesn't look like there would be anything much to do besides birding. I've read Paul Chapman's report from five years ago and note that you need local assistance to visit a number of sites. Anyone local able to help? If so perhaps I'll go, otherwise I'll probably give it a miss.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back