• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7dmk2 or 1dmk4 (1 Viewer)

chrisj123

hi
this is my first post on here but have been watching for a while
i have orderd a new sigma 150-600 sport and i have decided to upgrade my current body as well but am having difficulty deciding between a 7dmk2 crop 1,6 or second hand 1dmk4 crop 1.3 because of the diffrence in the crop factor
i will be using it to shoot wildlife on a tripod or monopod
any opinions welcome
chris

hi
this is my first post on here but have been watching for a while
i have orderd a new sigma 150-600 sport and i have decided to upgrade my current body as well but am having difficulty deciding between a 7dmk2 crop 1,6 or second hand 1dmk4 crop 1.3 because of the diffrence in the crop factor
i will be using it to shoot wildlife on a tripod or monopod
any opinions welcome
chris

i would go for a second hand 1D mark 4

I had the same quandary last year, and in the end I decided not to wait for the 7D2 and bought a second hand 1D4.
Looks like my luck held and I was right.

With all I've read about the 7D2 and pics I've seen posted it seems to suffer from the same problems as the old 7D did, great pics are possible if you get a good copy and know what you're doing, but the iffy quality control coupled with the average "prosumer" market it's aimed at is making as many disappointed owners as happy ones.

1D4 all the way, built like a tank, big strong battery for solid AF and super reliable. (If you stay on your feet with it!)

Last edited:
hi
thanks for the repleys
am i correct to assume that shooting in low light with a 1d iv with highish iso will be at least as good as the 7d2 or hopefully better
i know its a lot of questions but dont want to make the wrong dessision as i have only used a 1.6 crop camera before
chris

hi
thanks for the repleys
i have decided on the 1d mkiv
and have orderd a sigma 150-600 sport
does the 1d mkiv auto focus at f 8 the same as the 7d mkii and the other 1d cameras
chris

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back