• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bongofury's 2012 UK List (2 Viewers)

A very successful morning at Culter Glen:

129. Whinchat
130. Ring Ouzel*
131. Common Sandpiper
132. Stonechat

Last edited:

After over 2 month's without any serious birding, normal service was restored today:

Tyninghame Bay
133. Sandwich Tern
134. Snipe
135. Gannet
136. Guillemot
137. Red-throated Diver *
138. Semipalmated Sandpiper*

Musselburgh Lagoons
139. Golden Plover

Last edited:

Kilminning,Fife

150. Eastern Olivaceous Warbler* [Also my 200th Western Palearctic bird...and not a bad one at that]
151. Red-breasted Flycatcher*
152. Radde's Warbler*

So the year comes to an end and considering how little time I've had for birding this year, I'm pleased to top the 150 mark. More importantly by getting 24 lifers this year, the milestone of 200 UK birds is now in sight and hopefully will be achieved in 2013, especially as some common birds are still to be had (Redstart, Spotted Flycatcher, Black Grouse).

My highlight this year has to be my first Cuckoo, especially as I have heard them so often before, but never got sight of one. Pied Flycatcher was also a sought after bird, along with Red-throated Diver, Ring Ouzel, Stock Dove....the list goes on!

A few rarities were seen, the most notable being the Eastern Olivaceous Warbler, Radde's Warbler and Red-breasted Flycatcher all on the same day in Fife. However, nothing quite beats finding your own lifers.

Happy new year to everyone who has read this thread and good birding for 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back