• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anas specularioides ? (1 Viewer)

tamandua

This picture was taken in Berlin the day before yesterday. I think it is a Anas specularioides... There were some birders who said it could also be a Marmaronetta angustirostris, but I think they are definitely wrong, aren't they?

Sorry;) Forgot to add the picture.

Attachments

• I2T5jHnW.jpg
    I2T5jHnW.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
tamandua said:
This picture was taken in Berlin the day before yesterday. I think it is a Anas specularioides... There were some birders who said it could also be a Marmaronetta angustirostris, but I think they are definitely wrong, aren't they?

You have forgotten the picture!

Steve

It is definitaly Lophonetta specularioides, yep.
I have seen other pics of probably the same bird from Berlin on the web. It seems to be unringed, but I wonder who is missing that one- I doubt it´s been flying the whole way :h?: ;)

Last edited:
Joern Lehmhus said:
I wonder who is missing that one- I doubt it´s been flying the whole way :h?: ;)

Probably not ;) But it isn't that unusual to see unringed exotic waterfowl in the bigger cities around here. Here in Essen, there are at least two unringed exotics every year. There are always breeders who let some of their birds escape.

Last edited:
That's a Lophonetta specularioides like we see in Patagonia and the High Andes. Nice photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back