• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

robins egg (1 Viewer)

alyssamarie

hello! i have been keeping an eye on a robins nest in my yard just out of pure curiosity. i’ve been watching from afar, and found it so interesting to watch the mom come in and out. today, i witnessed the mom unfortunately pass away. i am certain it was the mother that had died, as she was leaving the nest when it happened. i am now wondering what to do with the eggs? i believe she hatched them about 6-7 days ago. i touched the eggs and they were still warm to the touch. i researched a bit on it and i know that if the mom is dead they usually don’t have a chance to live, so i figured it was okay to touch the eggs since she has passed. i have a 150 watt bulb that i used to heat my reptiles tank ( it keeps the temp at about 95-99 degrees) I have a hygrometer and thermometer to ensure proper humidity and temp. I was wondering if there is any possible way I could incubate or try to save these babies. I know i’m not a mama bird, but i’ve been very invested in these babies since I found them and I’d hate to just have them cool and pass away. Time or money is no issue, I just truly do not know how to help these guys. Please let me know if there is anyway I can save them.

Unless you have a wildlife rehabilitator that can help you out, It's best you leave them be. Nature is raw some times but it is nature nonetheless.

A warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back