• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Few Feeder Questions..! (1 Viewer)

Q1...About a few gardens down, Jays are nesting, but never see them visiting the feeders i put up. Do they visit feeders ? Magpies often do !

Q2 How far do birds travel to feed on my feeders ? local birds ?

Q3 Would love to attract other species like, Bullfinches, Gold Crests, Chaffinches, Green finches..... Is it possible to attract any of these to my feeders.but surely got to be in area ?

The food i have put out is, Peanuts,food balls,niga seeds, different cake type blocks, with meal-worms, etc. my Garden backs onto woods.
love to keep the species list growing below.

Blue Tits
Great Tits
Long Tailed Tits
Robins
Great Spotted Woodpeckers
Magpies
Song Thrush
Blackbirds

Thx
Bob

Attachments

• feeder.jpg
    feeder.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I have regular visits from a solitary Jay who feeds from a fatball.

In fact, he does more than that, he lifts it from its hook and takes it away with him !

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back