• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rustic or Uncertain or Rustic or Uncertain or Rustic or etc etc etc...? (1 Viewer)

Cheers Andy. For sending in records I will be putting them down as Uncertain / Rustic, but for the purposes of my hobby I would be happy counting either species on the garden list if I could get one that looked close enough. I think it will be a case of building up a bit more experience, getting a load more photos, and not worrying about them too much right now.

I’ve had a couple through over the last few days and have treated them as Uncertain, primarily because of the dark joining bar to the “lower” kidneys, also the lack of deeper/darker tone above and abutting the “wavy” line with the dark darts beneath the kidney shapes that appears on Rustic?

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers

I would say that these are tricky! The first pic I identified as Uncertain and the second pic as Rustic.

All the best

Pau

Attachments

• Uncertain A 001.JPG
    Uncertain A 001.JPG
    849 KB · Views: 9
  • Rustic 003.JPG
    Rustic 003.JPG
    725.9 KB · Views: 7
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back