Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Discover the ZEISS Digital Nature Hub

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New Brood of babies....

Old Monday 10th July 2006, 18:00   #1
Birdwatcher500
BirdWatching Lover

Thumbs up New Brood of babies....

I'm excited! I have found a new brood of babies. 5 baby bluebrds. I know most of you all see bluebirds all the time, but who else has seen them hatching? I'm working on my '06 list, so it should be up soon. I have 2 pair of Cooper's Hawks and 1 pair of Sharp-shinned Hawks that are right outside my window (we live WAYYYYYY out in the country) and I've seen the males fighting each other. They roost and 1 pair has a nest in the tallest trees in our cattle pastures. I didn't get to see much today, but when I get home I'll go out birding again. I would like some comments and stories if anyone else has experienced hatching before. Thanks,
Dee
Old Monday 10th July 2006, 19:35   #2
CoolWater
Bird Newbie

I'm new to birding and haven't even spotted a Bluebird so far- so having baby Bluebirds is even more incredible...
Old Monday 10th July 2006, 19:52   #3
Birdwatcher500
BirdWatching Lover

Thanks! I didn't start birding until about 3 years ago...but I'm always excited about them!! I have a nest of 3 eggs(species unknown) that should hatch in appr. 4 days.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: