• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Billed Tropic Bird (1 Viewer)

philflam

Thinking of going to Cape Verde to finally see this species but which Island ? I know the colony of R B Tropic birds at Praia are accessible but I also read a colony was found on another Island recently , which one? Think it also suffered some predation/damage since discovery and not sure if that colony still exists.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Thinking of going to Cape Verde to finally see this species but which Island ? I know the colony of R B Tropic birds at Praia are accessible but I also read a colony was found on another Island recently , which one? Think it also suffered some predation/damage since discovery and not sure if that colony still exists.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Take the missus (or Mr) to Trinidad and Tobago, you can walk in a colony on Little Tobago, much bigger bird than I had thought.

Also a chance of White-tailed here, we saw one.

Thanks for the replies, should have said I'll be going in February so think that rules the Feurteventura birds out. I know they are on there but don't know the site.
Trying to avoid long haul flights as I'm doing one in January but will look at the other suggestions.

Phil

Think the Fuert birds (and those on Lanzarote) were being reported from the third week on February onwards this year

There is a colony at Sal Rei on Boa Vista which is also an easy tourist island. Plenty of other interest there with the Brown Booby colony in the south occasionally getting Frigatebirds and Red-footed/Masked Boobies.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back