• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Dalian, China! (1 Viewer)

dbeek

Hello bird-watchers,

I am new to this forum, and currently live in Jinshitan, China. I moved to China in September 2008 and have been bird-watching here ever since. So far I have seen just over 200 species locally. I am looking forward to Spring Migration but already have seen both Eurasian and Eastern Curlew, Common Redshank, wagtails, Black-faced Bunting, etc..

If you would like to know more about the area around Jinshitan (near Dalian), feel free to email me at dandtbeeke 'at' live.ca
I will have a holiday from April 27 to May 2 and am thinking of going to Beidaihe. Anyone know where I can get detailed information about locations for finding key birds for me: Little Curlew, Crakes, Rails, Bitterns,

I have some knowledge about Happy Island and Beidaihe Coastline from reading all the trip reports, but am looking for key sites on other birds I have not yet seen.

Also, does anyone know of a local contact there than can join me birding in the Beidaihe area? How about a reliable driver that knows the birding areas?

Thanks for any and all advice. Maybe I can return the favour,

Dave Beeke

Hi Dave and welcome on behalf of the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you will enjoy it here

D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back