• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Canada Customer Service (1 Viewer)

Gauze

I just wanted to drop a quick note about a positive experience I had. I had purchaced a pair of Legend 10x42 Ultra Hd a couple years ago and bought a pair of 8x42 last year. The cap covering the tripod screw popped off and was lost. I emailed Bushnell Canada and they had a replacement out in the mail for me the next day. It is a small thing, but I am happy to share that they did this for me. Been very happy with the bins as well.

A summer without binoculars, thanks to Bushnell

I got a long and painfull experience with Bushnell's Canadian repair service this summer. I had a bird monitoring job with the government of Canada, for the occasion, I bought a pair of Bushnell's Trophy XLT Bone Collector Edition, because I needed something reliable. After one 2 weeks of work, the binoculars were falling appart (2 broken eye cup covers and one broken eye cup). I decided to send them for repair, it was mid-May. Meanwhile, I had to cope with some very bad binoculars (10 x 25). I wrote them a nice handwritten letter, because I did'nt have any comptuters around my study sites. So, I asked them what I wanted and to try to fix them quickly, because I was on a bird job. At the end of June, I still did'nt have any answers from them, so I called them. The guy seemed all lost and he told me he had to much work to care about my binoculars.
I was stuck. A couple of days after, one of my co-workers broke is binoculars, same eye cup. He was with EAGLE OPTICS and they were REPAIRED and SENT BACK the day after they received it from the mail. I was so upset that I took a day off to go to town and I bought a pair of Celestron Granite, that I prefered way better than the Trophy XLT. Finally, I got the binoculars back from Bushnell's repair department the day after the end of my field season. It was nearly mid-August, it took them 3 MONTHS to fix an eye cup! More to that, they did'nt replace it, but fixed it with a screwdriver ( I could have done it myself in 15 mins), so the eye cup is not even twisting easily now. They did'nt change my eye cup covers too...

My quote: « If you are a professional birder, don't bother buying Bushnell, because if it breaks, your field season will be long.»

NEVER saw a bad customer service like that, EVER.

I got a long and painfull experience with Bushnell's Canadian repair service this summer. I had a bird monitoring job with the government of Canada, for the occasion, I bought a pair of Bushnell's Trophy XLT Bone Collector Edition, because I needed something reliable. After one 2 weeks of work, the binoculars were falling appart (2 broken eye cup covers and one broken eye cup). I decided to send them for repair, it was mid-May. Meanwhile, I had to cope with some very bad binoculars (10 x 25). I wrote them a nice handwritten letter, because I did'nt have any comptuters around my study sites. So, I asked them what I wanted and to try to fix them quickly, because I was on a bird job. At the end of June, I still did'nt have any answers from them, so I called them. The guy seemed all lost and he told me he had to much work to care about my binoculars.
I was stuck. A couple of days after, one of my co-workers broke is binoculars, same eye cup. He was with EAGLE OPTICS and they were REPAIRED and SENT BACK the day after they received it from the mail. I was so upset that I took a day off to go to town and I bought a pair of Celestron Granite, that I prefered way better than the Trophy XLT. Finally, I got the binoculars back from Bushnell's repair department the day after the end of my field season. It was nearly mid-August, it took them 3 MONTHS to fix an eye cup! More to that, they did'nt replace it, but fixed it with a screwdriver ( I could have done it myself in 15 mins), so the eye cup is not even twisting easily now. They did'nt change my eye cup covers too...

My quote: « If you are a professional birder, don't bother buying Bushnell, because if it breaks, your field season will be long.»

NEVER saw a bad customer service like that, EVER.
Bird Conservation .

Please contact me regarding your Binoculars and your dissapointing experience with Bushnell
Steve Ward
Operations Manager
Bushnell Outdoor Products Canada
[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back