• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Still Tops In My Book... (1 Viewer)

Oh, glad you asked!

That would be British Racing Green B :)

In all fairness Jan referenced something called "English" Racing Green, whatever that might be.

Thank you for stepping up Kevin.

Never heard of English Racing Green, but if there was one, I refuse to believe it would look like that ;)

Lee

I am so glad to pass this cup of tea to the next person.
The Dutch distributor of Leica came in House with Leica's newest item.
The Ultravid HD limited edition in the NEW color English Racing Green.
Only worldwide available in 300 pieces.
Run people...run.;)

Jan

You again!!

Ah right, the NEW colour ERG?

Why didn't you say that? o:)

Lee

I am so glad to pass this cup of tea to the next person.
The Dutch distributor of Leica came in House with Leica's newest item.
The Ultravid HD limited edition in the NEW color English Racing Green.
Only worldwide available in 300 pieces.
Run people...run.;)

Now, this is true innovation. English Racing Green ... Incredible. Just what the world needed. Just like a set of Chincese made binoculars bearing the Zeiss label.

Opps, me bad. Wrong thread.

Hermann

Now, this is true innovation. English Racing Green ... Incredible. Just what the world needed. Just like a set of Chincese made binoculars bearing the Zeiss label.

Opps, me bad. Wrong thread.

Hermann

LOL Hermann, you wicked, wicked man :-O

Lee

Let's hope those "Racing Green" binoculars don't have to be maintained and repaired as often a Jaguar Racing Green sports car will.

Hmmmm? It just occurred to me that Jaguar must be a loser because it won't give the purchasers of it's cars free maintenance and free repairs.:-O:-O:-O

Bob

Leica is currently moving to its new factory in Wetzlar. I guess it will take a while to gear up production in a new facility. So watever new products Leica plans to bring out, they surely have been put on wait until the new factory runs. Which also would explain why news on the last trade shows were limited to new touchs of colors.
The new Trinovid line, being so close to the Ultravid, are a pretty clear indication that the Ultravids are replaced by something more interesting soon. The question ist just how long this "soon" may be.

Agreed. I worked with a guy who had an MG B that was painted British Racing Green.

<B>

OK it looks like we all agree about BRG.

Brock, do you remember MG used to do the MGB GT, the fixed head coupe, in a fabulous (for the time) champagne-gold-tan colour that was just gorgeous?

Oh bu88er, I've just realised it was the same shade as Swaro Sandbrown..:eek!:

Shot myself in the foot again :smoke:

Lee

OK it looks like we all agree about BRG.

Brock, do you remember MG used to do the MGB GT, the fixed head coupe, in a fabulous (for the time) champagne-gold-tan colour that was just gorgeous?

Oh bu88er, I've just realised it was the same shade as Swaro Sandbrown..:eek!:

Shot myself in the foot again :smoke:

Lee

I owned a 72 B/GT. Was actually a pretty good car for the time. I would like to have another some day.

Most big sellers' websites will filter results by sales numbers. Curious, I looked at Eagle Optics and found the following for the big three (they don't sell Nikon anymore):

#6 Zeiss Terra 8x42
#10 Swaro 8.5x42 SV
#14 Swaro 10x42 SV
#19 Zeiss Terra 10x42
#22 Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42
#25 Swaro 8x32 SV
#33 Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32
#41 Zeiss Conquest HD 8x42
#42 Zeiss Victory HT 10x42
#43 Leica 8x20 UV
#49 Zeiss Victory HT 8x42
#50 Swaro 8x25 Pocket
#55 Leica UV 8x42

I stopped there. I first checked the rankings a few days ago, then rechecked to see how volatile they might be. #42 and #43 had switched places; everything else was the same order.

Filtered to just Zeiss Swaro and Leica, the 42mm SV's are #5 and #7 on the B&H website, the 42mm HT's are #17 and #18.

If you compiled a half dozen websites this way, you'd probably know who sells more than who, although the actual numbers would remain elusive.

Mark

Out of curiosity I rechecked the above numbers (March 12) from EO and found:

#2 Zeiss Terra 8x42
#10 Swaro 8.5x42 SV
#14 Swaro 10x42 SV
#17 Zeiss Terra 10x42
#23 Swaro 8x32 SV
#26 Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32
#30 Zeiss Conquest HD 8x42
#31 Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42
#34 Zeiss HT 10x42
#35 Zeiss HT 8x42
#41 Swaro 8x25 Pocket CL
#46 Leica 8x20 UV
#50 Swaro 12x50 SV
...some more Swaros here...
#61 Leica Ultravid HD 8x42

Swaros available in three different colors would rank higher if combined, as would (possibly) Leicas available in both rubber and leather. Assuming these are meaningful numbers (I can't see why they wouldn't be), it looks like the HT's are moving up, and Leica still can't catch a break.

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back