• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best place to buy Nikon Monarch 5 8x42? (1 Viewer)

PABirder77

Any recommendations on the best place to buy the Nikon Monarch 5 8x42? I found them refurbished on eBay for around $200 (unused), but I'm not sure if buying them that way impacts the Nikon warranty (or if that's worth factoring in either way). On Amazon, they're approx. $285.

You might find one if there is a Dick's Sporting Goods store near you. LL Bean and Cabela's sell them mail order for $299.99. Maybe you can order one through a store near you. They might even have one.

Nikon certified refurbished binoculars only have a 90 day warranty.

I purchased a Nikon certified refurbished 10x35 EII around 2004 from High Point Scientific which is in Montague, Sussex Co. in Northern New Jersey near Port Jervis, NY. It is about 60 miles from where I live. It came with a 90 day warranty from Nikon. High Point had about a dozen of them for sale. I paid $250.00 for it after trying out a few of them.

I guess Nikon assumed that if anything was wrong with it it would show up in 90 days. I have had no trouble with it since then and still use it. The price for a new one at that time was about $550.00 as I recall.

This was a Nikon warranty. Some Vendors give their own warranties on refurbished products so check it out. I think $200.00 is too much to pay for a refurbished 8x42 Monarch 5.

Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back