• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FUJI S7000 + extras (1 Viewer)

Claymore

Hi all,
Thought i'd pass on a few tips to owners of Fuji S7000 and also anyone who uses an Olympus Tcon 17 tele lens.
1. Easy way to make a Polarising filter for TCON 17 tele lens (no filter thread) is to use a spare genuine Olympus tcon 17 lens cap and cut the centre out to approx 75mm (leaving a 4mm lip) then use a KOOD P series Polarising filter (with the plastic frame that fits Cokin P holders) remove glass and fit into modified lens cap. Hold in place with Black Silicon sealant and leave to set. Once set you just slide it onto the front of your tcon 17 and you can even turn it to adjust etc (+ its a tight fit).
2. For a rubber lens hood for tcon 17 just buy a 77mm rubber lens hood and pull the rubber off the metal screw ring, to fit just slide onto tcon from rear and its a nice tight fit! also you can still fit your lens cap.
3. Look out for a Tokina VC-40 4x tele lens, it fits Fuji S7000 using a step ring, No vignetting at full zoom and optical quality is as good as TCON 17 (they are pretty hard to find but well worth looking out for) to use just pre-focus manually on Tokina and then let the S7000's auto focus do the rest!
4. If you want a good/cheap ringflash for Macro etc then check out the Centon, got mine for £20 on Ebay and works a treat.
I have enclosed a few photo's of the above mods (hopefully you can see what i'm talking about) if you need anymore details give me a shout.
Cheers B :)
Brian In a beautiful sunny but cold Scotland

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back