• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Neoprene neck strap for SX50? (1 Viewer)

Rob67

I'm looking for a neoprene neck strap to fit the narrow lugs of the SX50. All of my spare straps have 10mm webbing straps which won't fit through the lugs and I can't find anything narrow enough on google/ebay/amazon?

Rob,
Have a look at Op/Tech straps, widely available in the UK from Amazon and lots of other suppliers. I have 2 bino straps and one used on a Sony DSLR. They have lots of different configurations with interchangable snap connectors and are very comfortable and very reasonably priced.
Hope this helps.

Les

Rob

I had the same problem. Solved it by using a couple of thin black cable ties threaded through the metal attachment points to make bigger loops. They're quite neat and unobtrusive.

I endorse what's been said about the Optech stuff. I use an Optech 5301422 harness (about £14 on eBay) for my bins, and if I want to have the sx50 ready as well I attach them both to the harness. Works surprisingly well.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back