• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare, Amazing TRUE Albino Hummingbird (1 Viewer)

Thanks for posting this Beverly as it made for a very interesting read about this extraordinary little bird.

Ah, you beat me to it Beverly. I was going to post this under the South Carolina thread for the Carolinas. It is so amazing isn't it?

beverly, Ican only say WOW and thanks for posting such a interesting story.
bert.

Yeah, KC, I was a little surprised to see you hadn't posted about this.

It came to me via a friend who subscribes to the Kentucky listserv, where it had been posted from the Carolinas board.

Now, I'm off to hang the new hummer feeder I bought a week or so ago: selaphorus hummers are beginning their tantalizing forays into the eastern US. Two have been reported in Indiana in the past week!

thats exciting...i usually feel blessed when i observe a typical hummer....that is above and beyond the relm of cool....thank you for posting it... lee

I thoroughly enjoyed the article on the albino hummer.. Guess we all are on the look-out for the strange and unusual... And, that hummer certainly fits into that category!

I saw it mentioned on Birdchat and a Hummingbird list - fantastic creature! Wish I could get one to come to my yard!!

hiyall im new in here , that albino humming bird was in our area, i live in SC but in the north section by the NC border, it was all ocver the news here when they caught it, now a year after that i had,this leucistic, humming bird visit me out of my office window, all i had was a web cam to get the pictures with , and i have not seen it since

Attachments

• lucriciuos humer.jpg
    lucriciuos humer.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 220
In the article it mentioned that its against the law to capture those birds. Why? Theyre not protected or endangered that I know of. (Ruby Throated HB that is, Not the albino)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back