• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Email backups (1 Viewer)

POP

Can anybody help with a problem i have,I backed all my Emails up ,and when i went to open Outlook Express my personal folder was missing,on going back to my backup file,it was not in there either.I seem to recall I had this problem before and could not resolve it.Any help would be most appreciated.

John

Wish I could help John, as it looks like the key computing wizards are not about at the moment, You could do with Steve, Walwyn or one of the other computing buffs, but these two have helped me on complex computing problems, and I am only a newbie for pc stuff, I do hope they will answer your questions, Nina.

I'm not an Outlook Express user myself (I use the full version). Exactly what steps did you use to create the backup?

I will help if I can.

Maybe this is not on my Version (v6).

Exactly what menu options did you use and in the wizard what (if any) options did you use?

Did you download it from the Microsoft websiteas part of Express?
If not what is it called and where did you get it from?

Robin i read about the site in last Weds.Times in the creme section.I have tracked down where the personal folder has gone,for some reason it has gone into windows\application data,so i know where to go now
John

On my machine they go in:

\Windows\Application Data\Identities\{324B4220-1D92-11D3-A091-ED3AB8D0832E}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

There are registry settings that point there in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities

and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{324B4220-1D92-11D3-A091-ED3AB8D0832E}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

Walwyn,thank you,it is interesting that all my other folders went into the back up that I had created,but for some unknown reason the personal folder went into applications.
John

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back