• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Ospreys (1 Viewer)

Diary updated

Just noticed the diary has been updated. The estimated date for the first egg hatching is May 21st.

Can't wait!

Might pop in this weekend to get some more info on the recent happenings.
If so I'll post on Monday.

Paul

Paul F said:
Just noticed the diary has been updated. The estimated date for the first egg hatching is May 21st.

EJ seems to be sitting "gingerly" on the eyrie today.Could this be the start of the eggs hatching ?

Ben Nevis said:
Paul F said:

EJ seems to be sitting "gingerly" on the eyrie today.Could this be the start of the eggs hatching ?

The flippen web cam is down again!!! :storm:

Have the welsh birds hatched too??
Diary hasn't been updated but are they chicks ??

Attachments

• ospreycam.jpg
    ospreycam.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 127
simon said:
Diary has been updated , first chick has hatched :t: :t: :t: :t:

SO who's the Daddy then?

I asked the guys at Loch Garten when I visited a few weeks ago, and their "Ah that would be telling" answer was, very telling.

It obviously ISN'T Henry as he is late for everything - Including his kids' conception.

On a more serious note, it does make the ringing and therefore "pedigree" of these doubtful. At least we know EJ's the mother :t:

Hi Everybody,

Isn't it wonderful news and when I looked at the cam tonight it looked fine and sunny so a good start for the little one.

Typical I go to Manchester and no Peregrines but rain, I hope we see the chick on camera soon. Wonder when the others will hatch? Now I know why EJ had a smug look on her face first thing this morning.

The Osprey Fanatic

Ann :D :D :D

Great News

Ben Nevis said:
Paul F said:

Now only if I could predict the the Lottery numbers..! Great news from Loch Garten.

Diary Updated

The diary has been updated.2 hatched,one to go and the family are doing fine. :t: ....oh Happy days..!

Thanks Christine,

Glad you got that one, keep our fingers crossed the third hatches today.

Looking at your picture was better than the view outside, dark and pouring down at least there are plenty of birds feeding.

Hope you get lucky with the third one too

Bye

Ann :D :D :D :D

Three little ones being fed. Don't they look gorgeous.

Attachments

• video49a.jpg
    video49a.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Hi Christine,

Thanks for the photo and update. I hope you don't mind I have copied your photo into my Henry and E J folder especially as it is the first time I have seen all 3 chicks.

Now all they need is good weather even though we know Henry and EJ are perfect parents they are going to need a lot of fish and are going to be very busy.

Thanks again.

Ann :D :D :D :flowers:

Saphire said:
EJ and Henry are film stars they are being filmed on springwatch.

did you see the clip where the fish Henry had caught, nearly sent one of the chicks flying out of the nest. I bet the observers watching live nearly had a heart attack when it happened.

I really thought it had gone over the edge and it was curtains for that chick until they showed EJ feeding all three. I was praying it hadn't.
I think I have changed my mind about it being a great job at the Osprey centre, I would be a nervous wreck by the time my shift had finished.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back