Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Superzoom Bridge Camera

Old Monday 28th October 2019, 18:41   #1
HLG

Superzoom Bridge Camera

I'm wanting to buy a used Superzoom (Bridge) camera for birding in the $200 to $300 range. However I was looking at the Canon SX50 but it's very hard to find a good quality one. Second choice was Panasonic FZ80 but reviews say IQ is not as good as the Canon. Please let me know any recommendations on either or these cameras or additional ones that have at least a 50X zoom. Thanks.
Old Tuesday 29th October 2019, 16:52   #2
dalethorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLG View Post
I'm wanting to buy a used Superzoom (Bridge) camera for birding in the $200 to $300 range. However I was looking at the Canon SX50 but it's very hard to find a good quality one. Second choice was Panasonic FZ80 but reviews say IQ is not as good as the Canon. Please let me know any recommendations on either or these cameras or additional ones that have at least a 50X zoom. Thanks.
The FZ80 (a current camera) is a much better choice than the Canon, which is obsolete. In addition, the Panasonic has 50 percent more resolution. Other than that, you know that anything could go wrong at any time with either camera. Since your objective is buy used (no warranty?), it makes that worry more worrisome.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: