• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

24 Day Birdwatching Trip In Kenya - 15th March 2020 (1 Viewer)

the_kenyanbirder

Mustafa Adamjee
Kenya
Hello all!

Although famous for its ‘Big Five’, Kenya is also a bird watcher’s paradise with over 1,100 recorded species including 12 endemics and many sought after rarities.
The country has a rich variety of habitats including wetlands, rainforests, lagoons, saltpans, savannahs and woodlands, that are home to some remarkable wildlife.
It is a prime location for bird watching at any time of the year. Between October and February, European long-distant migrants, including swallows, terns, and waders, arrive to spend the winter on Kenya’s shorelines. And in the summer months birds from Southern Africa come to breed.

The great thing about this safari is you will be able to kill 2 birds with one stone (I hate this phrase for obvious reasons :D) where you will also be able to experience the big game safari world of Kenya as we will go through all the major National Parks and Reserves in search for our target birds.

The tour has been organized by yours truly, Mustafa Adamjee, also known as "The Kenyan Birder". I am new to this platform and slowly building my profile, but here's what you should know about me. I have travelled much of Kenya in search of more than 1,100 species of birds that occur here. I am currently the holder of the record of most bird species logged in Kenya for the year 2018, and just ranked 5th in Africa for logging 800 bird species in 2019. You can find a link to my profile HERE.

Because of my passion for birdwatching, I am extremely dedicated towards the conservation of wildlife, especially birds, in our country and am part of many initiatives hosted by the Magical Kenya organization, and part of our proceeds always go towards the conservation of our wildlife.

At present, we are working on helping raise awareness of the critical endangerment of Vultures in Kenya. This will be achieved by the reduction of conflicts between the Maasai and big cats, which in turn saves the vulture. Vulture poisoning happens when a lion kills a Maasai's cattle and the Maasai poisons the cow in retaliation to kill the lions, but other scavengers like vultures and hyenas that eat the poisoned meat are also killed unintentionally. A portion of the proceeds from this tour will be used to support anti-poaching and Vulture conservationists.

Do join me in this tour that starts 15th March, 2020 and ends on 7th April.
I have attached the comprehensive itinerary with all the locations to be visited and birds to be found. Leave a comment, or PM in case you need any further information. Thank you!

PS: You can view an article I wrote for Birdspot UK about the 10 most beautiful birds to see in Kenya by clicking HERE.

Attachments

• Full Kenya Birding Itinerary.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 67
  • birding poster.jpg
    birding poster.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back