• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visa photos declined (1 Viewer)

I was planning a trip to Goa later this year ,checking the visa requirements first , as well as the just short of £100 fee ,it seems now you have to go to a visa centre make separate appointments for each applicant and have your FINGERPRINTS taken as well as photos. With at present only three centres open and a further 11 to follow , think I will just leave it for now and see what happens.

Have a good trip Alan

I have just had to go to London to get fingerprints taken for a Russian visa, so its not just India. I hear on the grapevine that Angola is the worst, with some tour participants not getting their passport back in time for the trip.

Ian

I have just had to go to London to get fingerprints taken for a Russian visa, so its not just India. I hear on the grapevine that Angola is the worst, with some tour participants not getting their passport back in time for the trip.

Ian

I'll be working off the Kuriles next year so I've had to deal with 7 agencies ( most of the paperwork is duplicated at least 3 times for different agencies, and weighs 4•2kg ). Later on this year I'm going to have to take all the paperwork, in person, to Moscow and Petrapavlovsk and then go back to Moscow to be fingerprinted and photographed ( I've no idea why that can't be done when I'm in Moscow first time round ). Tourist visas? Piece of p*ss. :-C

I was planning a trip to Goa later this year ,checking the visa requirements first , as well as the just short of £100 fee ,it seems now you have to go to a visa centre make separate appointments for each applicant and have your FINGERPRINTS taken as well as photos. With at present only three centres open and a further 11 to follow , think I will just leave it for now and see what happens.

Have a good trip Alan

Fingerprints????? Bloody hell!

We've already been Brian and it was exceptional. 247 species, 70% of them lifers.

Smashing place and I'm already thinking of a return next year to fill in some gaps. Four of these in the photos below were new birds for me on the trip. I've seen the white-throated kingfishers in Turkey, but they were hard going and mainly poor to middling views. In Goa they were unavoidable and tame.

EDIT. Regarding the new visa centres I see that one of them will be in Newcastle, so at least I wouldn't have to be travelling to Liverpool or somewhere to get printed, but a lot of people who are more distant from their nearest centre will have a lot of inconvenience and a lot of people just won't be taking the trouble.

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2015539&c=setreg&region=2

There's a lot of bad feeling about it and it looks like places such as Sri Lanka will be getting the benefit. ABTA amongst others is making official representations.

Attachments

• 01 White-throated-Kingfisher-Carambolim-Lake-(13)-web.jpg
    01 White-throated-Kingfisher-Carambolim-Lake-(13)-web.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 09 Shikra-(3)-web.jpg
    09 Shikra-(3)-web.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 10 Golden-fronted-Leafbird-Verna-Plateau-(9)-web.jpg
    10 Golden-fronted-Leafbird-Verna-Plateau-(9)-web.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 13 Indian-Roller-(11)-web.jpg
    13 Indian-Roller-(11)-web.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 15 White-bellied Sea Eagle (14)-crop-web.jpg
    15 White-bellied Sea Eagle (14)-crop-web.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Hi Alan, sounds like you had a great trip , still thinking of going but want to see how the new system starts off , I did not see Newcastle on the list but if so that won't be a problem so may get there this year after all .
Cheers
Brian

Just sent off my India visa forms today and there is no requirement for fingerprints yet. Glad I've got the forms in before March 14th !!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back