• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

USA-north Georgia Flycatcher (1 Viewer)

Bird Quest

Just north of Atlanta Georgia. I believe it is an Acadian Flycatcher however, there is some disagreement.
pd0K9Jl.jpg

lkJBUPP.jpg

PcAhkiR.jpg

Although it has an obviously long primary projection and a longish, broad bill, which would be spot on for Acadian, the extensive dusky tip to the lower mandible, rather uniform underparts a longer tail than I'd expect on an Empid.

Definitely not yellow-bellied flycatcher; the primary projection is way too long. The bird's lower mandible seems to be too dark at the tip (Acadian should be all yellow) and the upright posture is classic of eastern wood-pewees, so I'd strongly lean towards eastern wood-pewee, but I don't know if I can rule out Acadian. The yellowness and subtle eyering do seem to support Acadian.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back