• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A question for Swarovski DCB users please. (1 Viewer)

Feathered one

I am trying to help a newcomer to digiscoping, they have the DCB adaptor which was obtained second hand.

When you try to adjust the camera from side to side to centre it on the eyepiece, it is almost impossible, as the slider the base of the camera fits on to is extremely stiff to move, and when you do move it, you are putting so much pressure on it that you overshoot, and have to try again in the opposite direction with the same result.:eek!:

I would appreciate your comments as to whether this is a problem with your DCB.

Malc

I am trying to help a newcomer to digiscoping, they have the DCB adaptor which was obtained second hand.

When you try to adjust the camera from side to side to centre it on the eyepiece, it is almost impossible, as the slider the base of the camera fits on to is extremely stiff to move, and when you do move it, you are putting so much pressure on it that you overshoot, and have to try again in the opposite direction with the same result.:eek!:

I would appreciate your comments as to whether this is a problem with your DCB.

Malc

F1 -

Yes, this has been a problem, probably exacerbated by humidity / temperature. Many people have used a light coating of lubricant to free up the movement of the slider (while in the field, a little nose or forehead grease works well).

However, Swarovski Optik, Austria announced in January that there is a new slider version that moves more smoothly across the base. I would suggest you contact your local Swarovski Optik Dealer, or Swarovski Optik UK to see about getting the new version.

Good luck,

Clay Taylor
Swarovski Optik N.A.

Thank you Clay for your valued reply.
I will pass the message on.
The DCB is a great product, other than this slider, I hope we can get that rectified.

Many thanks

Malc

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back