• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID from a call (1 Viewer)

Fitzer

Hi All, been a long time since I was last here!
We’ve been hearing this call for the last week or more and don’t seem to be able to identify it from the many online resources. We live in East Anglia(UK, not sure how far the net spreads :t:) next to a tree covered, disused railway embankment and morning & afternoon we’ve been hearing this, the sample recording was made this morning at 09:16 (Sat 1st August) and we’d love to know what it is (not the wood pigeon obviously)

Many thanks for any help

Ian

Attachments

• bird call.m4a
    421.9 KB · Views: 59
I've heard begging recently fledged Common Buzzards making that call. And it went on for several days.

Pants! If that is the case (and I’m not doubting you) then I have a portion of humble pie to eat as that’s what my wife suggested and I pooh-poohed her!
Any other opinions to save me from the ignominy?

Thanks all, found the begging call of the sparrowhawk at xeno-canto.org and it’s spot on.

Now all I’ve got to do is see the blessed creatures |;|

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back