• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Devon Beavers (1 Viewer)

I see there's a fool of an angler already making stupid noises about negative effect on salmon and sea trout, as if European (and Canadian) Beavers hadn't lived for millennia with both.... its also disappointing that the announcement seems to be limited to the River Otter, as if the Tory wreckers currently in charge are reserving the right to decide which rivers can have Beavers and which can't. Not what one wanted to hear, really.

John

I see there's a fool of an angler already making stupid noises about negative effect on salmon and sea trout, as if European (and Canadian) Beavers hadn't lived for millennia with both.... its also disappointing that the announcement seems to be limited to the River Otter, as if the Tory wreckers currently in charge are reserving the right to decide which rivers can have Beavers and which can't. Not what one wanted to hear, really.

John
A fool indeed! Nothing creates better salmon & trout spawning pools than beavers, he ought to be delighted!

A fool indeed! Nothing creates better salmon & trout spawning pools than beavers, he ought to be delighted!
Fisherman (not all) are going to be the main culprits talking about fish stocks and giveing negativity where its not needed unfortunately and again with ministers I,ll only listen to the science not them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back