• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding around Ezeiza Airport (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I'm on a flight into Ezeiza (Buenos Aires) arriving mid afternoon and leaving early the next day next January and again on the return trip in March. I don't have enough time to go into town, and I've been there before anyway. So I've found some accommodation in Barrio Uno, very near the airport. From looking on Google Earth it seems to me that there's a lot of greenery and some lakes in the area. Since I will have the late afternoon free, I was wondering if anyone had ever tried any birding here and can let me know if it's worthwhile?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I have not heared of any good place around Ezeiza. For sure you must be careful not to get robbed.

Agree. Don't do it if you wish to retain your optics.

You'd be much better off booking accommodation in the city centre and having a late afternoon stroll around Costanera Sur. Even though the reserve has been dry for months, there's still stuff to see - inc breeding striped owl and scissor-tailed nightjar.

For further details see the Neotropical Birding article, available for free download from the Neotropical Bird Club website (see my signature for URL)

James

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back