• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lug style connectors for EL FP Bins (1 Viewer)

Roy C

Occasional bird snapper
Just taken delivery of a pair of 8x32 EL FP's (my first Swarro). I see on line that there are Lugs to enable the fitting of a traditional neck strap but cannot find a UK supplier for these. Does anyone know where I can get them please?
Also is there any other accessories that you would recommend - is the Winged Eyecup Set worth getting?
Thanks in advance.

Just contact Swarovski directly & they'll send you a pair out free of charge, also ask for a pair of the mounting pins & a spare occular cover too to save you transferring them between strap & harness.

Don't forget to register the bins as you'll get an additional year warranty.

Just taken delivery of a pair of 8x32 EL FP's (my first Swarro). I see on line that there are Lugs to enable the fitting of a traditional neck strap but cannot find a UK supplier for these. Does anyone know where I can get them please?
Also is there any other accessories that you would recommend - is the Winged Eyecup Set worth getting?
Thanks in advance.

Hmmm.. I have 8.5X42, 10X50, and 12X50 EL Fps...ALL came with FP lugs/strap AND traditional lugs in the box.

You might also look at getting a Rick Young Ultralight harness...

Attachments

• 6C825FEC-1F10-44BC-821B-1134A0E4C48B.jpeg
    6C825FEC-1F10-44BC-821B-1134A0E4C48B.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Roy yes based on my experience and use, the SW winged eyecup set is worth trying. Another option are the Field Optics version. Each have advantages and disadvantages in installation and use. I can respond in more detail if you are interested.

Congrats on your first set of Swaros.

Mike

Roy yes based on my experience and use, the SW winged eyecup set is worth trying. Another option are the Field Optics version. Each have advantages and disadvantages in installation and use. I can respond in more detail if you are interested.

Congrats on your first set of Swaros.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I may try the winged eyecup set.

Can anyone clarify if traditional lugs should have been included with my bins (UK) ???
I cannot even see any mention of these lugs on any UK website although I have not actually contacted any one yet.

When I was researching before buying mine (8x32 EL FP), there seemed to be some mentions of the lugs being included so you'd have the choice of which strap type to use. However, mine didn't come with the traditional-type lugs and most people I've seen appear to have the field-pro straps. Don't know if that's through preference or necessity. Seems likely that the UK suppliers don't routinely supply the lugs for traditional straps. May be worth contacting Swarovski UK for confirmation.

Cheers,

Matt

Can anyone clarify if traditional lugs should have been included with my bins (UK) ???
I cannot even see any mention of these lugs on any UK website although I have not actually contacted any one yet.

No, you don't get them supplied in the box. As I said above contact Swarovski support either via email or their website & they'll send you a pair FOC.

I take it the lug adapters also have the annoying habit of rotating through 360° and leaving a twist in the carrying strap? Why does Swarovski have to re-invent the wheel and make senseless modifications to features which have always worked satisfactorily?
Examples are the carrying straps on the SV, Field Pro and CL, a succession of impractical rain guards, and a dioptre lock on the Field Pro (?), where the risk of inadvertant adjustment on the SV was virtually zero.

John

I take it the lug adapters also have the annoying habit of rotating through 360° and leaving a twist in the carrying strap? Why does Swarovski have to re-invent the wheel and make senseless modifications to features which have always worked satisfactorily?
Examples are the carrying straps on the SV, Field Pro and CL, a succession of impractical rain guards, and a dioptre lock on the Field Pro (?), where the risk of inadvertant adjustment on the SV was virtually zero.

John

John,

I had your complaint until I found that I could also rotate (spin) the twisted straps on my CL Companion 8x30 B and untangle the twist that way. It is very easy to do and faster than untwisting a strap fastened to the binocular in the old manner.

I do have other minor complaints concerning comfort when I am using the binocular. The lugs annoy the outside of the back knuckles on my index fingers when I am holding the binocular and I'm always checking them to see if they are properly locked.:smoke:

The rain guards on the oculars are a bit snug. The objective covers work perfectly (they don't fall off).

The diopter is easy to change once you find the very tiny black guidance markings on the back rim of the focus wheel. Marking them white would have been much better!

Bob

Last edited:
I have no problem with the Swaro system and the neck strap is quite comfy for me. But I am used to using a Op/tech wide neck strap with my old binoculars so would like the opportunity of using it if I want (Swarovski are sending me a set of lugs)
I am a bird photographer who often carries bins around my neck as well as my Camera/lens on a bandolier type harness so it could well turn out that the new Swaro system of quickly adjusting the neck strap length will be ideal for me (not had the weather to try it yet).

I emailed Swarovski.com yesterday afternoon re the lugg connectors and they forwarded to the UK division. I received two pairs of Lugg connectors in the post this morning - that's great service :t::t::t:

I emailed Swarovski.com yesterday afternoon re the lugg connectors and they forwarded to the UK division. I received two pairs of Lugg connectors in the post this morning - that's great service :t::t::t:

Swarovski aftercare & service is excellent.

Why does Swarovski have to re-invent the wheel and make senseless modifications to features which have always worked satisfactorily?
Yes, I even disliked their previous attempt at an easy-adjust strap which still comes on SLCs. I never do that, it would be too much trouble to get it back as I wanted it again, and there are loose plastic ends that can blow around in the wind and other hard projections to damage things in transit. I had to buy another strap. At least the current cases are more sensible compared to their weird bloated predecessors.

You might also look at getting a Rick Young Ultralight harness...
How does that work? Someone here recently recommended it to me, but all I see is thin hard shock cord. What cushions your neck, especially if just worn as a neck strap? How large a bino do you use it on?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back