• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

gulls (3 Viewers)

hmhm - 2 caspians, one with incomplete p5 mark...they get common and commoner. also the very pale iris - argentatus intergrades from russia?

hmhm - 2 caspians, one with incomplete p5 mark...they get common and commoner. also the very pale iris - argentatus intergrades from russia?

Yes Lou, they are always there. Not many, but every time I visit the area I find 2 or 3 adult birds. I'm pretty sure that there is a small colony somewhere, probably in Glina dump, near Bucharest.

Last edited:
maybe not at the dump itself. what about vacaresti? anyway, they could be nonbreeders until proven otherwise :-C

anymore pics with bird 2 (the one with a square dot on left p5 instead of a band)? would be nice to see its right wing also.

Last edited:
maybe not at the dump itself. what about vacaresti? anyway, they could be nonbreeders until proven otherwise :-C

anymore pics with bird 2 (the one with a square dot on left p5 instead of a band)? would be nice to see its right wing also.

There are no breeding large gulls in Vacaresti, Lou. Only Larus ridibundus and Chlidonias hybridus.

I'll check for more pics with bird #2...

i'd call it a heavy moulting shaggy 2cy michahellis, cristian. note almost all GC missing and 2nd gen. inner primaries p1-4, p5 growing)

I have to agree with you. Maybe my first impression was induced by the tricky light (I took the pic late in the evening).
A few more pics taken in the same day (and in the same poor light) here:

Attachments

• P7048935m.jpg
    P7048935m.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 61
  • P7048937m.jpg
    P7048937m.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 68
  • P7048941m.jpg
    P7048941m.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 67
  • P7048954m.jpg
    P7048954m.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 74
  • P7048987m.jpg
    P7048987m.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 72
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back