• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID needed (1 Viewer)

Dommi35

I've no idea if you can help. There is a bird that has started singing outside my flat and has got my attention. It sings from 4am (not every day) and at about 7pm too (again not daily). I have listened to clips of all the common birds and none of them match. (eg: robin, blackbird etc)
The perculiar thing is this bird sounds like it has about 6 different shorts calls/songs, and it sings them one after the other. Each one it repeats about three times. One even sounded like a "meow" as if it was a cat! :cat:

;)Its lovely to listen to. I have not seen it but I always hear it. It seems to like the big tree in my front garden next to the street light.
I would love to know what it is. I have recorded it from inside my flat- it's very loud and it wakes me in the morning even though the tree is not that near to my window.
Can anyone suggest an ID? Could it be a parakeet copying other birds? (as we now have them in our area)
Look forward to some replies as have been puzzled for months! :-O
[/
B]

My first thoughts were Songthrush also. They can be surprising songsters if you really study them. The treetop location & times also points to Songthrush. Hope you solve this one.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back