• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Algarve Wader ID please. (1 Viewer)

Pam_m

MY own ID for this wader is a Little Stint, can anyone confirm that it is or not please. The photo was taken last week at Quinta Do Lago.

Thanks for any help in ID.

Attachments

• P1030947 [].JPG
    P1030947 [].JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 151
Looks like a Grey Plover to me, cos of bill size/shape.
However I have no books to hand...
So I'm prepared to back-pedal!!!

Agree with Grey Plover. Guessing you may have been misled by the distance or if it was on its own.....

(Interesting avatar pic by the way ;) .... looks like the robin has comedy arms reaching off out of shot lol .....)

Thanks dddiver, Michael, dogfish and Dan!:t:

The wader was on one of the inlets of the Ria Formosa and as Dan has mentioned it was at a distance and one of just a handful there.

Your help is very much appreciated all of you!:t:

I am now looking at my avatar Robin in a different light, Dan!:-O

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back