• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptors from Moulvibazar, Bangladesh, October 2020 (1 Viewer)

Seth Miller

United States
I've seen a few raptors I'd appreciate some help with. Mostly some falcons that I believe are hobbby's and peregrine, but would appreciate confirmation.
Sorry for the very bad photo quality, they were quite high and weather was cloudy.

The two falcons from yesterday:

Attachments

• _DSC2937 (2).jpg
    _DSC2937 (2).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 30
  • _DSC2940 (3).jpg
    _DSC2940 (3).jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 36
  • _DSC2888 (2).jpg
    _DSC2888 (2).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 18
  • _DSC2895 (2).jpg
    _DSC2895 (2).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 18
And here's a harrier I'm not sure about and probably won't be able to be IDed but throwing it out there anyway.
I initially thought it was maybe Pallid (somewhat rare in BD), but then someone said it looks like it could be pied that's molting and lost it's P9.
Totally understand if this can't be IDed confidently though

Attachments

• _DSC2944 (3).jpg
    _DSC2944 (3).jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 41
I initially thought it was maybe Pallid (somewhat rare in BD), but then someone said it looks like it could be pied that's molting and lost it's P9.

That may be the case, as the bird seems to have a dark hood and there are double black marks on the leading edge of the wing which may result from the black extensions on the saddle on the upperwing. The tips to the primaries are densely spotted/barred white, not solid black - is the bird in moult?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back