• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gill Osborne's 2012 List (1 Viewer)

Sunday 25th March
Prestwick Carr

93: Great Grey Shrike

Absolute scorcher of a day - had a few more Small Tortoiseshell butterflies as well as Peacock and a sp? white.

Tuesday 27th March
Alnwick

94: Chiffchaff ~ male singing at 5pm as I parked up at Alnorthumbria Vets with Misty.

Three updates that I somehow managed to miss at the time! TWIT!!! :smoke:

Thursday 22nd March
East Chevington

95: Smew ~ female :t:

Saturday 31st March
Alnwick

96: Song Thrush ~ seen on way back from vets: very sad journey as I lost my 16yo Thomas to a heart attack :-C

Sunday 1st April
Druridge Pools

97: Teal

Hardly been out these past few weeks :smoke:

Sunday 22nd April
Alnwick Marketplace

98: Swallow ~ first of the year!!!! o:) Two flying over at 7.55am. 2011 date of arrival was April 10th....these guys are 12 days LATE!!!!! Probably this grey murky weather we've been having holding them back!

Sunday 20th May
East Chevington

105: Marsh Harrier ~ female above reeds on South Pool
106: Reed Warbler ~ at least three separate males singing in reeds on North Pool
107: Sandwich Tern

Woodside, Red Row

108: Whitethroat ~ male singing from telegraph wires above road next to first cemetary

Sunday 27th May
Alnwick Moor *outskirts*

110: Jay

Beacon Hill

111: Treecreeper
112: Redstart ~ male and female :t:

Sunday 24th June
Hauxley Nature Reserve

125: Cuckoo o:)

FINALLY....after weeks of pulling my hair out and becoming convinced they were just a figment of my imagination! And not just one but TWO!!!! :t: :-O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back