• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My second staged shot :) (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Okay, this one is better exposed. LOL, I am just gonna get the manual settings down pat on this camera and my nikon should be arriving.

Attachments

• p2220001resized.jpg
    p2220001resized.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 315
LOL. I posted that last weekend of the chicadee and it was underexposed. You could just barely make out the chicadee. Manual settings are a learning experience. That's for sure.

2nd Staged Shot

Man o man is that a beautiful shot!

My question, "How do you stage a shot" like this?

The detail is fantastic.

Viewing this puts me back to the "learning stage", I have never got an image that even comes close!

KC Foggin, Kudos !!!

Very good Jay, you noticed. :)

Thank you Rosah.

Thanks Brian.

Screech, I was in my blind, I had set up the log on the top of a short fence and had put a few pieces of sunflower hearts on the log and waited for a bird to come. Took about a half hour to see some action but my main effort was to try and become a little more knowledgeable about the manual settings on my camera. Thank you. What part of New Jersey are you from? I was a seventh generation Staten Islander when I left there 12 years ago.

KC,
Thanks for the info, will have to try that !
I'm from Sussex County, northwestern part of the State where Pa, NY, NJ, meet. God's country, as they say. Great varied habitat for Birding.

Staten Island NY, remember going to Silver Lake with Mom & Dad, then driving to New Dorp for "goodies" at Budda Bakery.
THe "Foggin's" waved to Henry Hudson as he sailed on by?

bob

LOL, No the Mercks waved to Henry Hudson.

We had a summer home in the Catskills when I was growing up and you don't have to tell me how beautiful it is. If the economy ever takes a turn up there I will be back, hopefully to retire in that area.

KC very good shot, well worth the effort of staging it.
Looks pin sharp to me and a very nice background blurr.

Very nice and clear picture. I think you were wise to sign the bird that you made to avoid the big companies ripping off your design!!

LOL Andrew. The only reason I signed it was because I was donating the pic to an auction my boss was having for the animal shelter. He told me to make sure my name was on it somewhere. Thus the tatoo!

Thank you Steve. It is certainly one of the more common of my yard birds but it was a willing subject.

Thank you Paula. Now that I have managed to understand the manual settings on the oly. My nikon arrived today! So more learning to do.

Oh boy - I'm obviously late on this post - but I am in love KC !! LOL - you know I adore those house finches :) And you took a perfect shot of her! The detail is beautiful , and I love that eye !

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back