• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Further to my Samsung Galaxy/download music problems.HEEEELP (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Can I give an update and ask for more help.

Re' "KIES"........I managed to download this AND transfer albums to it's library. However-when I tell it to transfer music to the Galaxy it flags up this message....... "the files have a format that cannot be played on GTS5830i"

Re' putting sim card into computer (via adapter).
After trying the KIES I did try the sim card and..........it shows that all the music is on the sim card (somewhere!!!)
SO......
I click on "music" and none of it is there.
I go into settings>My Files>Music.......and it shows all the files but in some sort of picture/photo hieroglyphics........as though it has downloaded the CD photos only.:-C
Any suggestions before I smash it to bits with a big hammer????

Do these "music files" play OK on your PC?
If they do it looks like your phones music player is a bit fussy about file types? Try installing "Music folder player" app from the Google play store. Its free, easy to use and seems happy with all file types. Just direct it to the folder of music you want to play and away you go!

Pete

Mount the phone as a usb drive and then just drag and drop the files to it. I'm assuming that you have a micro sd card in the phone.

Or you could put the micro sd card in to a card reader and drag and drop to it that way.

I don't have a Samung phone, I did have a Galaxy once, but I use this method and it's hassle free. I never used KIES.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back