• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds in 1/76th scale (1 Viewer)

moose1991

Alces alces
Went to a model railway show in Abingdon yesterday & saw a stand there where a chap had made several birds all in 1/76th scale.
Thought I'd share it on here, I suppose it counts as wildlife art.

Attachments

• 76 birds.jpg
    76 birds.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 70
  • birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
my eyes are straining! So, I can recognise, a lapwing, a jay, some wagtails, an oystercatcher, mallards, heron and a raven (by size)

Kingfisher & Thrush on top row too.
Sorry photo not better but they were rather small.
:)

Attachments

• 2birds.jpg
    2birds.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 61
extreme modelling here....begs a question WHY, and to what end

For the details in the model railway Andy...Do pay attention! ;)

I mostly see birds far enough away that they might as well be 1/76 scale so it's pretty easy for me to recognise most of this little lot!

Mike

At the Guiness book of Records Museum in San Francisco California I once saw a pair of dried flies dressed in wedding clothes, yes really, so no telling what challenges the human being in getting small stuff made. Nano rules, and get a huge magnifying glass. No answer to what end, but it seems harmless compared to a lot of other stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back