• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pleasant surprise (1 Viewer)

rockhound

Today I was out in my backyard just doing a little bit of nothing, as usual, and a grey bird landed on a telephone wire. It perched just long enough so I could get a good look at it then it flew away. As this bird flew away it was heading toward a street light fixture, which is the home of a few European Starlings. As this grey bird got closer to the enterance, the starling stook its head out aggressively and by the looks of it told the grey bird, "This is my home, go find your own!" Later on, I found out that the grey bird I saw was a Townsend's Solitaire. I described to my friend the bird I saw and she said that they are usually seen in the mountain. I guess I was lucky enough to see one in the city.

I also saw some juvenile robins out and about. They look really interesting becasue they have a lot of small, black spots on their breast, which is a different site to see, because all we have around here are house finches, house sparrows, and mourning doves.

-M. G. / Albuquerque, NM

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back