• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ED50 Angled, difficult management? (1 Viewer)

albatrosviajero

Hello,
Seeking information about the telescope ED50 I have read that it is much more difficult to find the bird with angular model than with the straight, and the author of the review emphasizes that "it is especially more difficult with this type of telescope, the ED50" then says that he has many other, straight and angular models, with which not noticed this difference as the ED50 ... it seems that is because the eye protrudes lot ..
Is this true?
Has anyone experienced this "big" difference?
Best regards.

Hello,
Seeking information about the telescope ED50 I have read that it is much more difficult to find the bird with angular model than with the straight, and the author of the review emphasizes that "it is especially more difficult with this type of telescope, the ED50" then says that he has many other, straight and angular models, with which not noticed this difference as the ED50 ... it seems that is because the eye protrudes lot ..
Is this true?
Has anyone experienced this "big" difference?
Best regards.

It definitely takes more effort to get used to an angled over a straight. However, I don't agree with "particularly this type of scope. The ED50 has a wider FOV due to the lower magnifications which makes finding stuff, initially, a touch easier.

I have read that it is much more difficult to find the bird with angular model than with the straight, and the author of the review emphasizes that "it is especially more difficult with this type of telescope, the ED50" then says that he has many other, straight and angular models, with which not noticed this difference as the ED50 ... it seems that is because the eye protrudes lot ..QUOTE]

Rubbish, never noticed any difference between my angled ED50 and angled Swarovski 65mm. Yes, I agree that there is a difference between straight and angled.

Cheers,

Mark

That cable tie is so good, that I think actually angled scopes are better for aiming than straight ones, on which the cable tie does not work.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back