• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ramón Urbano's Musician Wren (1 Viewer)

Björn Bergenholtz

(former alias "Calalp")
Sweden
Curious by Melanie's recent Post (here) I took a quick look at:

urbanoi as in the:
• subspecies Cyphorhinus arada urbanoi ZIMMER & PHELPS 1946 (OD unseen, by me) ...

Today's HBW Alive Key explain this Eponym as:
urbanoi
Ramón Urbano (b. 1917) Venezuelan collector for the Phelpses (syn. Cyphorhinus arada).
I guess (!), without knowing Spanish, that we´re dealing with this Ramón Urbano (here): Ramón Antonio Urbano (1917–1986) a k a “El Hombre Pájaro” ("The Bird Man").

Born 8 August 1917, in San Pablo, Estado Yaracuy ... and died 3 June 1986, in Caracas, Venezuela.

If "his" bird is valid or not? That´s beyond my grasp.

However; enjoy!

Björn

• "Leucolepis arada faroensis" ZIMMER & PHELPS, 1946, (here, on p.19): "TYPE: From Faro (Castanhal), Rio Jamundá, north bank of the Amazon River, Brazil."

Not to confuse with "S. [Sturnus] faroensis" FEILDEN 1872 (here, in text, see PS.), from the "Færoe Islands" ;)

Neither with Brehm's "Somateria Færœensis", nor his "Hydrobates Færœensis" (both 1831), of the same Northern origin.

Key MS has:

faeroeensis / faeroensis
Færoe or Faroe Is. (Danish Færøerne), North Atlantic Ocean.

faroeensis
Færoe Is.

faroensis
• Faro, Rio Jamundá / Rio Nhamundá, Pará, Brazil (syn. Cyphorhinus arada).
• Færoe Is. (subsp. Sturnus vulgaris).

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back