• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Ella (1 Viewer)

Rima99

I'd be grateful for any tips for good birding areas in and around Ella. We won't have a car so it would need to be within walking distance or a short tuk-tuk ride away. Any recommendations welcome - from a good tree to a larger area! This is my first trip so I don't have any particular target species - everything will be new to me. Thank you.

Hi,

Ella is not a birding hotspot however the area west of Ella is easily accessible by foot on narrow windy roads through cultivated/semi wooded landscape which offer opportunities for birdwatching. You will see the common species such as sunbirds, bulbuls, babblers, barbets, robins, drongos, woodpeckers as well as chances for Langur monkeys. There are many accomodations around for instance the Chamodya Home Stay on Waterfall Road, friendly place at budget rate, 10 minutes walk from Ella center.

/Tord

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back