• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pied Flycatcher around Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Atka

Hello,
Could someone please advise if the Pied Flys around Barcelona are the nominate form or the ssp.iberiae? I will travel to Barcelona in June and that subspecies/species would be nice to see. Any suggestions?
All the best:
Attila

Pied Flycatcher

Hello,
Could someone please advise if the Pied Flys around Barcelona are the nominate form or the ssp.iberiae? I will travel to Barcelona in June and that subspecies/species would be nice to see. Any suggestions?
All the best:
Attila

Pied Flycatcher is only possible around Barcelona during Spring and Autumn passage. Although they're both quite big windows they're not present in June. This means they're of the nominate form of course.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

All the best

Here's the distribution from "not the latest" Spanish breeding bird atlas - should be quite similar still though:

Attachments

• Fic_hyp.pdf
    930.5 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for everybody for their advise.
So it seems that ssp iberiae is not going to be on my list this time.
I also need Iberian Green Woodpecker though my understanding is that shouldn't pose a problem. However if you know any good stake out for it around Cabrera de Mar north of Barcelona please don't hesitate to tell me.
All the best:
Attila

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back