• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Puffins on Handa Island (1 Viewer)

GeorgeMac

Sutherland
Handa Island is a nature reserve on the west coast of Scotland managed by the Scottish Wildlife trust. You turn up, and they whisk you over by boat. Amazing island for getting close to birds. Here are a few of the Island's visitors.

Attachments

• 160606-puffin06.jpg
    160606-puffin06.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 160606-puffin07.jpg
    160606-puffin07.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 44
Yeah.... Handa is a wonderful place to go, isn't it George.

Sadly my last visit there I didn't have a suitable camera for taking bird pictures!!!

What lovely views you got of the Puffins - very well done lad.

I must get over there again. Perhaps next year. The great thing about Handa at this time of year is that you can photo birds on the ground. I'm not very good at birds in flight.

I missed the food bit, Rich. Must have had sandwiches in my camera bag or something. Next time I'll make sure I check out the food.

LOL George, Rich is a right foodie and sometimes I think it's all he thinks about!!;) especially when he comes up here.

I must go back to Handa before too long. Last time I was rather struggling round there suffering with sciatica - nearly missed the last boat back!!

Oh no, sciatica isn't pleasant. You made it round the island though. Very courageous of you to take on an adventure like that when you're not 100%.

Mmmm.... the board walk round the south end is now like a bad dream, I found it really hard for some reason.

I had to send my friend on ahead to let them know I was coming!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back