• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

refurbished D500 (1 Viewer)

proudpapa56

Where'd you go, stay put!
United States
I've been using a D7200 and have no issues with it. Nikon is offering refurbished D500 bodies for $1499. Should I punch the buy button?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Evening
I have both the 7200 and the 500. The 500 is a big step up in performance over the 7200. Even though it has less pixels per image, the actual image quality is superior.

It is a very close second to my D5.

Mike

The D500 is a great camera but I would ask yourself if you really need the extra performance. If not, hang on to the D7200 which you say you have no issues with and save a lot of dollars.

Reading Thom Hogan's review on both cameras might help you make a decision.

Best wishes

I bought one of those refurbed D500s and it works well. It's a big improvement from my D600 which I continue to use with my 12mm, 20, 24 and 28 (perspective control) primes. I thought I might also use the FX body for portraits (smaller DOF), but the D500's color including skin tones, it much better.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back