• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hybrid Spotted Eagle tracked (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
I attach the body of an e-mail I received from '[email protected]', may be of interest to some

In January 2018, as part of our Egyptian Vulture project in Oman, I not only deployed 13 transmitters - all but one coming from my raptor research and conservation foundation - to this species (Neophron percnopterus) in collaboration with Mike McGrady, but also a juvenile Spotted Eagle hybrid (Clanga clang x pomarina). This bird has moved from Oman in a wide arc across Arabia, mainly Saudi Arabia north up to near Mecca, to near the strait Bab-el-Mandeb in soth-western Yemen, where he has wintered for a long time. After that, the young eagle quickly migrated in direction north and meanwhile flew over the Caucasus and is now (mid-May 2018) far north of Volgograd in Russia. I will show a map of the entire bird's migration as soon as it has obviously arrived in it’s summer season home range and when the DNA analysis is available.

Bernd Meyburg

Publications of WWGBP, the World Working Group on Birds of Prey

http://www.raptors-international.org/publications.html

Raptors Worldwide (2004)

Proceedings of the 6th World Conference on Birds of Prey and Owls
May 2003, Budapest, Hungary

Edited by R.D.Chancellor and B.-U. Meyburg

Published jointly by WWGBP and MME (Birdlife Hungary) with numerous figures,
maps, photographs and line drawings

ISBN 963-864l8-1-9 890 pp
Price: Eur 45 / US $ 52 / £ 30

Published also online

RAPTORS AT RISK (2000)

Proceedings of 5th World Conference on Birds of Prey and Owls

ISBN 0-88839-478-0 895 pp. WWGBP

With many diagrams, maps, line drawings and photographs

Price: Eur 49 / US $ 48.50 / £ 30

Orders to Hancock (Canada)

HOLARCTIC BIRDS OF PREY (1998)

REPRINT 2002

Proceedings of an International Conference

680 pages, many diagrams, maps, line drawings and photographs.

OUT OF PRINT

Published also online

EAGLE STUDIES (1996)

549 pages, size 21.3 x 15 cm, with colour cover, comprises 64 original papers by a wide range of authors from many different countries.

Price: Eur 15 / US $ 16 / £ 10

Published also online

(ca. 80 printed copies left)

RAPTOR CONSERVATION TODAY (1994)

Proceedings of the IV World Conference on Birds of Prey and Owls

799 pages, size 15,5 x 23 cm, with colour cover, contains 88 original papers in English from a large number of authors world-wide.

Price: Eur 23 / US $ 23 / £ 15

BIRDS OF PREY BULLETIN No. 4 (1991)

302 pages, size 14,5 x 21 cm, with colour cover, many black and white photographs, contains 28 papers by 41 authors from 20 countries world-wide on birds of prey and owls covering a wide range of topics concerning the biology, ecology, status and conservation of these birds.

Price: Eur 10 / US $ 10 / £ 6

Published also online

RAPTORS IN THE MODERN WORLD (1989)

Proceedings of the III World Conference on Birds of Prey and Owls

612 pages, size15,5 x 23 cm, with colour cover, contains 72 original papers in English by 112 authors from 27 countries.

Price: Eur 20 / US$ 21 / £ 14

Published also online

A

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back