• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

August prize photo competition winner is .. (1 Viewer)

IanF

Jebir

Congratulations on capturing a superb photo - a very difficult one to achieve. I have visions of you sat there waiting for it to walk up to the camera ;)

Your entry attracted 11/159 votes which just goes to show the high quality of the other entries which split the voting so much.

Comments can now be added to the entries which will remain in place for a few days before the September competition is announced.

Congratulations Jebir on an awesome shot! I was surprised and honored to score third place. (At least it was the highest placed butterfly:)) I had to "pull one out of the bag" for my entry. As you may have noticed, mine was taken last October. This was owing to a real dearth of butterflies in my area. The places I went last year and easily saw hundreds of butterflies of many different species, now I go and see two or three butterflies in total! I suspect the West Nile disease scare has prompted a dramatic increase in the spraying of insecticides which has greatly reduced the number of insects in general. Oh, well maybe next year!

Thanks everyone!

Last autumn this hornet flew into my daughters bedroom. I salvaged it from the hot sun in the windows by bringing it back into the forrest. It seemed to be quite exhausted and didn't take off that eagerly so I managed to take some of these super close-ups.

Macro photography has become a bit of my speciality and the achromatic super-close-up lens and the fiber-optic flash unit are home made devices that I made for this kind of pictures. I haven't posted any insect shots here before because I was thinking it is a _bird_ forum. However, since there seems to be quite some interest, I have uploaded two more, one picture of a hovering hoverfly and one of a wasp in flight to my gallery. Enjoy!!

Cheers, Jens.

Awesome shot! :D Even if I had a camera that could take macro shots, I probably would've dropped the camera and ran away |:$| ;)

Hi All BF:ers!

I recieved the prize for winning the August competition today - a brand new Zeiss Victory 8x20.

WOW, I am impressed by these small wonders, never thought small binos like that could produce such a view!

Thanks again for all the votes!

Cheers, Jens.

PS. Winning picture

jebir said:
Hi All BF:ers!

I recieved the prize for winning the August competition today - a brand new Zeiss Victory 8x20.

WOW, I am impressed by these small wonders, never thought small binos like that could produce such a view!

Thanks again for all the votes!

Cheers, Jens.

PS. Winning picture

Congratulations and glad you like the bins...you can't buy better than Zeiss.

Please don't enter any more competitions so the rest of us can win some ;)

that was an amazing entry as were they all!! the choice was definately difficult to make. but i loved looking at them all (especially the bees) I LOVE BEES hehehehehe
bubobubo

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back