• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa iPhone 4S adapter! (1 Viewer)

I want one NOW8-P

It does look quite funky... The I'd just need to buy a Kowa scope and an iPhone! The annoying thing about it will be when the new iPhone gets released and the camera is set in a slightly different place.

you could just get the eyepiece connectors and a silicone protection cover for your phone. glue them together.... lets call it the Universal Cellphone to scope adapter

Kowa iPhone 4S adapter

I want one NOW8-P

punta, I'm going to a sales meeting next and I'll be getting a sample of the adapter. At this point I don't know if they are available right now or not. I have a feeling they might be. I'll keep you posted.

Peddler :t:

Kowa iPhone 4S adapter

Well I saw the sample of the iPhone adapter over the weekend and I should have my sample within a week or 10 days. MSRP is $59.95 and it looks pretty neat. More to follow.

Peddler

you could just get the eyepiece connectors and a silicone protection cover for your phone. glue them together.... lets call it the Universal Cellphone to scope adapter

I have thought exactly the same and with android / samsung phones etc it is probably easier because the camera is not right on the edge. You just need a spare eyepiece cover and the right type of glue.

This looks just like any china made $5.00 phone case or adapter with a hole in it for the camera lens.
Just hold it up to the scope and click.
Peddler just went to a sales meeting, so he will have one for any scope made.
Enjoy.

Jerry

Kowa iPhone 4S adapter

The two adapters Meopta make do not fit the larger eyepiece of the Prominar TSN-883/884. Super excited for this adapter[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well they are available now, the adapter comes with TSN880/770 adapter and binocular adapter that fits BD42/32, SV50/42/32 and YF30 Series. Adapters are also available for the Genesis 33 and 44 series. More adapters to follow. I'm told these will fit Nikon Monarch and Swaro: 25-50mm eyepiece.Kowa claims no warranty when used with competitive product. Adapter MSRP $65.00 MAP $58.00 Genesis rings MSRP $33.00 MAP $29.00. iPhone App available later this month to increase or decrease brightness and adjust shutter speed. Now I'm going to try my new sample.

Peddler :t:

Kowa iPhone 4S adapter demo by Paul Jarvis

Just saw the demo that Paul Jarvis did. There is no way that I could explain it any better than his demo.

Peddler:t::t::t:

Paul (Hackett) demo'd the adapter for me and it was excellent. Must point out it is not just a matter of the adapter but get the software as well so exposure and focus can be fiddled with. Also if you have the ear phones the volume switch can be used to take the piccies.

Thanks Paul for a great Demo and quick chat, nice to see you again.

PS Kit comes with a binocular adapter obviuosly for Kowa bins only. Also there was talk of another adapter which would fit the 82 series of scope eyepieces.

Last edited:
That's really cool Paul. Good advise about using the lanyard too.

May I ask how well the iPhone camera works with the TE-10Z eyepiece? My calculations show the ideal mag to be ~50x. I think it would be best to zoom the eyepiece rather than use the cameras digital crop as shown in the video.

The iPhone is now the world's most popular camera and I am happy to see at least one OEM has got the memo! Now Kowa just needs to get another adapter out pronto to fit the new iPhone 5.

BTW, you are doing a good job for Kowa too.:clap:

cheers,

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back