• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Caribbean (1 Viewer)

birdthing

I'm going on a Caribbean cruse late 2008 and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on what Ireland's to try to go to and what i would hope to see will be booking January-february 2008 any help well be good

Some information on the smaller islands is found at http://www.birdforum.net/opus/Lesser_Antilles. The larger islands (greater antilles) have more birds per island, and as such also more endemics per island. If you go very late in 2008, there will be some North American visitors present on especially the northernmost Lesser Antilles, but otherwise, you will se most endemics on St Lucia, St Vincent, and Dominica among the Lesser Antilles; another way of saying the same is, there are generally more endemic species on the younger, mountaneous islands, but more ducks and shorebirds in saltponds on the low, flat, coral islands.

Hope this helps.
Niels

Yes this is a great help to me as i have only ever been as far from England as France but looking forward to come to the Caribbean
thank you very much Niels

Roy = Birdthing

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back