• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

tripod leg covers (1 Viewer)

gochasco

Just a warning for anyone thinking of buying Legcoat tripod coversI just bought a set for my gitzo.
First time I used them I had to take them off after about half an hour carrying the tripod.
Don't get me wrong, they are well made, fit well and are useful if you need padded legs on your tripod. The only problem is that they are too thick for my small(ish) hands and make the 'pod uncomfortable to carry.
I'll probably sew an extra length of velcro onto the neoprene cover and use that without the foam inner padding.
I may have been better buying covers from Wildlife Watching Supplies as their reversible ones don't seem to have the same thickness, but you live and learn.

Last edited:
Hi Gordon,
I use them on a Gitzo with a heavy long lens + camera mounted , I bought them to protect my shoulders, not my hands, works well for me.
regards I4ani

I use foam water pipe lagging stuff, around 50p a length from any decent DIY store. Use cable ties to secure it and change it every years or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back